jurneez Institute For Better Living, where the Dogs run wild and the wild run fast.

Pate - Vinnie's spiritual offspring - has found a home at jurneez End, a shelter dog that is worth every hair I vac up. He's a protector! And now another rescue, Mya. Little but mighty. My gardens just love them.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars. -- Tagore

Monday, December 26, 2011

Hints, Lessons and Wisdom


It seems when you live long enough, you see clearly the the values and priorities for their true worth. I mean, younger folks may not see the insight or experience the knowledge given, but the older folks lose the ability to see and think like a child. The children glow from the inside. They question. They challenge.

Recently I've been spending time with younger family members and it returned to me a joy I lost along the way. Where? Don't know, but when I hear laughter of children and see how their br
ain works, it makes me wonder about a lot of things in life...

I've been living in a rural area for 33 years, although with the growth of the towns it seems less rural, none the less, when folks at the general store are talking about a bobcat or mountain lion, it's rural.
Oh yeah, I was
going to talk about the ritual of mice patrol. It happens every 5 or so years on the farm. Fall comes, they want in, and I say -NO. Well, This time after I washed out the entire kitchen drawer cabinet again, all the silver wear, I at the end added, dryer towels, and charcoal. I hang charcoal in the tips of nylon stalkings under the hood of my card and it seems to work. Done, still catching a few mice in the cellar but wow, they hate my messing with their homes.

2 weeks later: not a mouse in sight.
And what about what's in his grimy little hands, my food?
We had a snowfall today, not much but winter is off to a late start. So 7 inches now is nothing. I'm planning the spring garden already. Oh my, with the toxins in most food, I hope to eat healthier this spring and summer.

I have a dear friend who lost his farmhouse, all belongings. Reminds me of a story where upon greetings for good bye this family would always say, "I wish you enough" and I absolutely love the reason behind it, it means, I wish you enough hardship to appreciates the gifts, enough pain to appreciate the glory of a good day, enough etc. etc. etc. The point is beautiful. I wish you all enough ..................


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home