jurneez Institute For Better Living, where the Dogs run wild and the wild run fast.

Pate - Vinnie's spiritual offspring - has found a home at jurneez End, a shelter dog that is worth every hair I vac up. He's a protector! And now another rescue, Mya. Little but mighty. My gardens just love them.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars. -- Tagore

Friday, August 15, 2014

Life in a small town......

What a morning....up at 3:45 a.m....out the door and on the road at
4:12 a.m. to help with someones barn animals...... a feeding....Saw the cutest
2 or 3 week old fawn near the barn. Came back home at sunrise......crashed ON the bed jeans and all.
Suddenly...thump de thump...Oh no, I know that sound at this time of year.......fledglings hitting the window....two because of the double thump de thump. Sure enough 2 of them on the ground.....but they crashed into and through a white faced hornets nest on their way down. I quickly grabbed the hornet spray but that, and the extras, were empty as well from repairs being done on the eaves. ….....oh my...now what? I navigated through the garden to move the fledglings to a safer place. I tried to negotiate with the hornets but they wouldn't hear of it. Now ... what to do about the hornets nest which happens to be 2 feet from the dog tie. Cool outside at 55 degrees and now it's only 6:30 a.m. …...the answer......burn the huge 8 inch nest. I did...with a long handled lighter for the wood stove. Success...but after 3 times. Now I turn my attention back on the fledglings One died. Broken neck. The other I comforted until it flew off. I buried the poor little dead one. 6:45 a.m. Now...back On the bed...jeans and all.

Now that's a Life!

jurn

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home