jurneez Institute For Better Living, where the Dogs run wild and the wild run fast.

Pate - Vinnie's spiritual offspring - has found a home at jurneez End, a shelter dog that is worth every hair I vac up. He's a protector! And now another rescue, Mya. Little but mighty. My gardens just love them.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars. -- Tagore

Monday, February 26, 2018

The Pea vs Venus Fly Trap Story

.......the annual Twilight Zone marathon reminds me without fail of my mother's Venus Fly Trap. Some have heard the story, but here goes....this is how I apologize every year to my mom, owning it.

PEA vs Venus Fly Trap STORY.....
......I remember Twilight Zone was on every Friday night at 9, right after Outer Limits. 
I so recall Friday nights, my mom served peas. I so hated peas then. Loved them now. I wasn't allowed to watch the shows until my peas were gone. I watched a lot of television in the reflection in the kitchen window. 





I tried to rein in my strength to eat peas but couldn't. About 2 or 3 months later my mothers beautiful, huge, (largest I've ever seen, even now) Venus Fly Trap died. Sigh, I guess it wasn't a vegetarian.  I've always felt guilt about feeding it those peas weekly.
The attached pics are not her plant, her's was 6 times larger or more......

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home