jurneez Institute For Better Living, where the Dogs run wild and the wild run fast.

Pate - Vinnie's spiritual offspring - has found a home at jurneez End, a shelter dog that is worth every hair I vac up. He's a protector! And now another rescue, Mya. Little but mighty. My gardens just love them.

Name:
Location: New England, United States

If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars. -- Tagore

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Tribute to My Brother Bob Jones

...My Brother,.... he who walked me to school, who shared his trains with me, who saved me from drowning, who was partners in crime with me peeking at hidden Christmas gifts, although not hidden well, he who was sometimes embarrassed of his little sister, me,  but defended me always, he who shared what he had and the last bite was given to me, he who loved showing his little sister off when she wasn't so little but a blossoming teenager, he who showed me the peek hole at the cottage from the upper bunk so we could watch tv secretly when we were suppose to be sleeping, he who taught me about fairness, he who engaged in arguments challenging me in every way but ultimately  I learned to be a better person, he who shares secrets with me  which I hold dearly to this day, (only he and I know), he who thinks sometimes I'm strange, weird and odd but loves me anyway in all my ways, he who held out his hand while ice skating (Denslow St.) so I wouldn't fall,  he who showed me the ropes while growing into adulthood, he who let me play with his toys at Christmas, because I had a smidgen of tomboy in me, he who played with me when he probably didn't really want to, he who fixed my broken toys.....
This is my brother and so much more. This is who I look up to. This is my best friend. 
I love you Bob Jones.
I hold you in my heart daily and will always walk with you.



Sadly my brother died in March of 2017. This was written for him and he read it two weeks before his passing. 
So, if you love someone, tell them.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home